HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Aug 10, 2014, 8:09 PM

101 Polk Street

Concrete has been poured in the last 2 weeks and the crane is being assembled. This is a view from the 14th floor of the Essex Fox Plaza on 08/10/2014. You can see the pipes on the perimeter that are drawing water from the site.

101 Polk - 08/10/2014

Old Posted Aug 13, 2014, 7:58 AM
heavy user of walkability

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry of San Fran View Post
Concrete has been poured in the last 2 weeks and the crane is being assembled. ...

great view you have of this one! sweet that we will (I hope) have a front-row seat as this one rises

Old Posted Aug 13, 2014, 8:09 AM

Brannan

333 and 345 Brannan (Dropbox) are starting to rise above sidewalk level

and I don't remember hearing the official word that the development on the 200 block of Brannan had broken ground, but lo:

since it's in the area, here also is 72 Townsend coming along

Old Posted Aug 13, 2014, 8:15 AM

the massive development at 8th and Harrison

Old Posted Aug 13, 2014, 8:25 AM

Octavia/Hayes Valley

8 Octavia, various angles

this is up in the NW corner of Hayes Valley, maybe Fulton and Laguna? I think it's this

our good friend parcel P, seen from the west

the Boys and Girls club

Old Posted Aug 13, 2014, 4:43 PM

Timbad - thanks for the updates. We will have a lot to chew on for the next 5 years!

Because of the distance and angle from my apartment I cannot be sure what is breaking the skyline. I will lose a part of my beloved San Francisco Bay Bridge view from one of the buildings - see concrete structure in progress. (telephoto picture from the 27 floor of the Essex Fox Plaza)

From left to right: (1) Building with yellow water barrier is the new hotel on Mission Street (2) steel frame is the addition to the SF Museum of Modern Art (3) tall grey building is the W Hotel (4) behind the W Hotel is unknown steel with crane (5) unknown steel frame blocking part of my view of the SF Bay bridge (6) rusty roof of the Federal building on Mission Street

2014_08_13_SOMA east view (1)

Old Posted Aug 13, 2014, 10:09 PM

Jerry... judging from the angle here, I think that's 222 Second St, which is up to about 20 stories now. It's going to 26, so should top out at about the height of the taller Infinity tower (from your perspective).

Old Posted Aug 13, 2014, 10:45 PM
Build Baby Build

Click to enlarge

1400 Mission

1321 Mission

1415 Mission

Old Posted Aug 14, 2014, 2:31 AM

Markermiller - thanks for the info. I will have to take a walk to the area and took a look. The yellow crane should give me a clue.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2014, 4:30 AM
Triptastic Gen X Snoozer

Didn't have time to snap a photo, but the new 5 or 6 story building at 20th and Valencia has topped out and is filling in quite nicely.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2014, 4:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry of San Fran View Post
Because of the distance and angle from my apartment I cannot be sure what is breaking the skyline. I will lose a part of my beloved San Francisco Bay Bridge view from one of the buildings ...

... (4) behind the W Hotel is unknown steel with crane (5) unknown steel frame blocking part of my view of the SF Bay bridge (6) rusty roof of the Federal building on Mission Street

4: must be 222 Second, as markermiller noted
5: pretty sure is 201 Folsom

PS, love how the fog softens the light and colors and gives you all the gentle gray-greens, but still throws little highlights on the Bridge in this view

Old Posted Aug 14, 2014, 5:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fimiak View Post
Click to enlarge

1400 Mission

1321 Mission

1415 Mission
more great views! we're lucky to have friends in high places

Old Posted Aug 14, 2014, 5:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fflint View Post
Didn't have time to snap a photo, but the new 5 or 6 story building at 20th and Valencia has topped out and is filling in quite nicely.
That's this project, right?

Also, thanks for the pictures Jerry, timbad, fimiak! Nice update.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2014, 6:19 AM
Only Mostly Dead

JK Dineen reports that Moscone expansion will begin this fall:

Quote:
With the San Francisco Planning Commission expected to approve the plan on Thursday, the Department of Public Works and general contractor Webcor are gearing up to start construction this fall.

The 44-month project will kick off in November with utilities relocation, which will set the stage for excavation under Howard Street, which will require 1,500 truck trips and the temporary closure of Howard Street between Third and Fourth streets for 15 to 20 days. The next phase includes the demolition and replacement of the esplanade building, which will require a combined 4,800 truck trips.
and...

Quote:
The biggest early critic of the plan, John Elberling of TODCO Group, the South of Market affordable housing organization, said he is now mostly satisfied with the design. Changes include strengthening the facade along Howard Street and scaling back the part of the building that faces the children's playground on the west side of the site.

The city has also agreed to renovate the children's play areas simultaneously with the Moscone expansion. In addition, the plan calls for sidewalks to be widened in places and red traffic arrows to be installed at Howard and Fourth streets and Folsom and Fourth streets, which will cut down on the number of cars making illegal right turns there, said Eberling.
More at SFGate.

Tiburon Miami 1 Miami 2 Ye Olde San Francisco SF: Canyons, waterfront... SF: South FiDi SF: South Park

Old Posted Aug 14, 2014, 6:30 AM
Only Mostly Dead

This article from the SF Business Times has some interesting numbers on the office market, including:

Quote:
What that means for real estate is that of the close to 3 million square feet of office space under construction,100 percent of the tenants pre-leasing space in forthcoming buildings are tech companies according to data crunched by Cushman & Wakefield.

So far, those firms snatched up 70.1 percent or about 2.2 million square feet of the space under construction.

That includes buildings such as:
222 Second St., 450,209 square feet: 100 percent leased to LinkedIn.
333 Brannan St., 180,000 square feet: 100 percent leased to Dropbox.
345 Brannan St., 113,000 square feet: 100 percent leased to Dropbox.
350 Mission St., 444,000 square feet: 100 percent leased to Salesforce.
270 Brannan St., 182,000 square feet: 100 percent leased to Splunk.
415 Mission St., 1,412,898 square feet: 50 percent leased to Salesforce.
535 Mission St., 303,780 square feet: 30 percent leased to Trulia.
It also says average asking rent for office space is now $63 per foot.

Tiburon Miami 1 Miami 2 Ye Olde San Francisco SF: Canyons, waterfront... SF: South FiDi SF: South Park

Old Posted Aug 15, 2014, 12:52 AM
Triptastic Gen X Snoozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1977 View Post
That's this project, right?
Yes, that's it. I think that used to be a gas station. If my memory serves me, it was an out of business gas station for several years.

There's also a very large 8-story building going up in Mission Bay, just off the northern edge of the UCSF campus. Is that the new Kaiser building?

Old Posted Aug 15, 2014, 2:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut gallery View Post
It also says average asking rent for office space is now $63 per foot.
CBRE is forecasting office rents to surpass Manhattan's sometime next year:

Quote:
San Francisco is poised to surpass Manhattan as the most expensive U.S. office market next year as technology companies extend a surge in leasing, according to CBRE Group Inc. (CBG), the largest commercial real estate brokerage.

Office costs in San Francisco are soaring at the fastest rate in the country, CBRE said in a report this week on the effects of the technology industry on commercial property. The firm estimates that average rents in the West Coast city will rank as the priciest by the end of 2015 -- the first time it would exceed New York since the dot-com bubble in 2000.

Technology companies have dominated U.S. corporate leasing since the last recession ended in 2009, accounting for one out of four U.S. office-using jobs, CBRE said. In San Francisco, the industry’s hub, almost three-quarters of tenant deals this year through June were signed by tech firms as social media, data-storage and mobile-application startups expand.

“We expect tech’s growth potential to remain strong for the next two years and lead expansion in concentrated areas throughout the country,” Colin Yasukochi, CBRE’s research and analytics director in San Francisco, said in a phone interview.

San Francisco office rents will climb to $69.71 a square foot by the end of next year, up almost 18 percent from $59.28 in the second quarter, Yasukochi said. Manhattan rents will grow at about a third of that rate, rising 6.5 percent to $69.68.

Old Posted Aug 15, 2014, 3:38 AM

Height and anti- development restrictions at work again in helping to make SF the most gilded city in America. And the most liberal. Irony, party of 800,000.

And it's just going to get worse now that Prop. M has taken effect. This is Sue Hestor's legacy! The exact opposite of her and her supporters' [supposed] intentions.

And to be clear, I don't care either way if SF is the most expensive city in the world. If they could do something about the human decay issue, it probably could be. It is a prestigious place and it is limited in supply because of geography and anti- height initiatives (everybody wants affordable housing, nobody wants it built near them). I couldn't afford the city anymore so I moved away. I didn't feel entitled to have somebody else subsidize my rent or mortgage.

Old Posted Aug 15, 2014, 3:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fflint View Post

There's also a very large 8-story building going up in Mission Bay, just off the northern edge of the UCSF campus. Is that the new Kaiser building?
this is the Kaiser building:

if that's not what you saw, there are pics of everything under construction in the MB thread, of course...

Old Posted Aug 15, 2014, 4:09 AM
Triptastic Gen X Snoozer

^Thanks, I subsequently found that out!

Socketsite notes a proposed 13-story apartment building on Mission at Laskie (near 9th):

This is the current site--a pizza joint and parking:

The planned building would have 199 apartments, 3,300 sq. ft. of ground floor retail, 101 car parking spaces and 125 bike parking spaces.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations