HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Urban Art > Skyscraper & Urban Art

Old Posted May 31, 2007, 3:19 AM
Dare Mighty Things

LOL, all I used to draw were airport terminals, airport terminals, airport terminals!

I swear, it was nothing but airport designs, airport terminals, and airplanes. Sometimes I'd draw runway layouts, but mostly it was airport terminals. Almost every airport terminal I drew was completely made up. I must have made over 3,000 airport terminal drawings in my life so far.

Now, it's airport terminals AND random disasters!

Anthony

Old Posted Jun 21, 2007, 8:53 AM
Desert Dweller

Well techincally these arent really Childhood Drawings, but close enough.

My dad had a huge tub of blocks since his childhood, I used to make countless cities, oh it was so much fun. Very Good times! It was all dandy until the wind toppled the taller skinny blocks! (Especially when I made models of the Twin Towers)

Simple New York City
1999 - 2000ish?

Here is one of the oldest ones I could find, NYC of course. In other pictures the housing development behind was under construction so this had to be between 1999 and 2000. 1st grade.

The only notible buildings I can point out is: One New York Plaza, The Twin's, Empire State Building, Chrysler Building, and the (Then) Citicorp Center.

Oh, And Lady Liberty!

BTW, I dont look like that anymore haha, or my hair!

Advanced NYC
2000 - 2001ish?

I know this had to be second grade, judgeing by the number of real world buildings. Not much to say, this had to be one of my most advanced models, since they have to be good to get a picture.

I see: The Verrazano Narrows Bridge, World Financial Center, Twin Towers, Brookyln, Manhattan, and Williamsburg Bridges, Times Square, GE Building, ESB, Metlife, Grand Central Station, CitiCorp, Chrysler, and the (then under construction) Trump World Tower.

If you look closely you can see many other real world buildings, like 17 State Street, Chase Manhattan, 500 5th Avenue, 40 Wall Street, (XYZ Buildings Or in this case, YZ), the CitiBank Building in Queens, and much more.

Brookyln, Queens, and New Jersey, where mainly old clup holders, especially New Jersey

Downtown & Midtown, you can see the markered on "GE" logo, The World Financial Center and 40 Wall Street, below and right of the Twins. You can also see One and Two Pen Plaza with Madison Square Garden.

The pictures must have been taken at different times, Brookyln, Queens, and New Jersey dissapear every now and then.

Only had enough blocks to go to Central Park.

Last edited by Patrick; Jun 21, 2007 at 6:15 PM.

Old Posted Jun 21, 2007, 5:29 PM
Posting Quick Reply

What's a 'Liberty of Statue'?

Very cool. I have some somewhere, if I can find them I'll post them.

Old Posted Jun 21, 2007, 6:21 PM
Desert Dweller

^Aaah! Everyone asks that when they see it, ok, I wrote Statue, I had no room so I but of Liberty Abovie it!

Old Posted Jun 21, 2007, 6:48 PM
Finger Lickin' Good.

Woah! Great buildings, Patrick! I also built cities when I was little, but with legos. Unfortunately, I don't have any pics.

Old Posted Jun 21, 2007, 6:55 PM

This all reminds me a lot of my childhood, except I'm pretty sure ALL my drawings are gone. I used to draw Las Vegas, San Francisco, and Manhattan all the time as a kid, very similar to yours.

I also used to build cities with a mixture of blocks and any other objects I could find that would work, and since San Francisco has so many hills, I would always put a blanket over a chair and try to make it look like hills and mountains, and then put buildings on top of those. I also had a pretty extensive collection of Brio trains as a little kid, and I would put rings of elevated tracks all throughout these cities, and they would get very complicated.

In the end, my older sister would just knock all them over in a few seconds and piss the shit out of me.

also I found it odd that you put Manhattan from a western perspective in this picture...

as a little kid I would always draw Manhattan from an easter one.

Old Posted Jun 21, 2007, 8:30 PM
Desert Dweller

^Aww mean I'd love to see pics of those!

Most of my old Manhattan Drawings didnt really make sence, for example, in that pic, Downtown and Midtown's buildings have been reversed, the ESB and WTC area seem to be the only right ones. Plus Obviously the Manhattan and Brookyln Bridges dont meet at Liberty Island and join into a freeway that enters Manhattan.

I usually looked at a few postcards of New York my family gave me and sort of changed New York in my own way. When I was 5 or 6 the only real noticable buildings where The Twin Towers, ESB, Chrysler Building and Citicorp Center. All 4 towers would be spaced out in that order.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2007, 5:54 PM
nuttin

how cute , i wish i could even remember what i was interested in at that age , let alone have any momento's

Old Posted Jun 30, 2007, 7:26 AM
Desert Dweller

Here are some moreee.

New York City, 2000
Good thing mamama dated it, although all she put was the year 2000 atop.

Well its Lower Manhattan from the Empire State Building. I'm pretty sure I used a picture, the buildings seem pretty accurate.

This is really one of my first uncolored Pencil Pictures. My current style is uncolored drawings using dark pens.

Birthday Present for Mom
No date! Gotta be August 1999.

My mom watched the News every day she came home from work, particually ABC 7 news in the late noon, KTLA 6 in the morning.

ABC 7 always showed a helicopter over Downtown LA using news effects and such. So I did a the ABC 7 Helicopter over DTLA.

Whether I used a picture or not, The skyline is partly inaccurate.

From Left to right: You'll notice all the (Then)'s due to Downtown LA's everchanging building tenants.

1100 Wilshire, (Then) Arco Plaza, Unknown Tower probably made up, 777 Tower, (Then) Citicorp Center, California Plaza Towers (Should be on the way right), (Then) First Interstate Tower, (Then) AT&T Center, Gas Company Tower, (Then) Arco Tower, (Then) Library Tower, (Then) Citicorp Center,(Then) Bank Of America tower, (Then) SBC Communications Tower, (Then) Sanwa Bank Center, (Then) Arco Center, and the Wells Fargo Center.

The funny thing is the Logos I got right was, ARCO. First Interstate Said FletIntete, Sanwa Bank said Stuek scribble scribble, and so Close, Wells fargo said WFLLS FARGO.

The Background has the district of Century City, Hollywood, the Hollywood Sign or in this case HLWOOD, and Mount Baldy.

The Manhattan Bridge
New York's Manhattan Bridge. Apparantly, the drawing was made on 1/9/1999.

The pic is quite Innacutate, although the Chrysler Building, Empire State Building, and Metropolitan Life Insurance Building, which has been greatly shortened, the Manhattan Bridge connects Brookyln and Lower Manhattan, not Brooklyn and Midtown.

New York City
No date, i'm guessing 2000

Many major buildings such as the World financial Center, Twin Towers are seen. The Statue of Liberty, Chase Manhattan Bank, 40 Wall Street, and many other real life buildings are seen.

The Sun, is actually a sticker

Chicago city
No Date, I'm guessing 1998 - 1999

Chicago, I remember this one. I copied off the buildings from SkyscraperPage.com's early diagrams by Dylan, and put them in the proper places.

Los Angeles
No Dates, gotta be 1999 - 2000.

Both copied off pictures/postcards.

One from Doger Stadium, one from the Freeway, both roughly from the same angle. In second pic, you'll notice I added some of LA's buildings to the right, that wouldnt have continued from the right.

Old Posted Jun 30, 2007, 8:54 AM
Finger Lickin' Good.

Awesome!

Old Posted Jun 30, 2007, 7:25 PM
Registered Lurker

those are outstanding for a child to draw. you really knew your cities! i liked to draw when i was younger, but i didn't pick up an interest in buildings till i was older. i don't think i've ever drawn a city by hand before.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Urban Art > Skyscraper & Urban Art