HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Old Posted Jan 28, 2007, 3:30 AM
Old Fart Forumer

I know Philly seems to be the home of awesome photographers who rep their city like no other. But I gotta say Pittsburgh has a fair share itself. Nice tour. Pittsburgh's loss is Seattle's gain. Thanks.

Retired, now Grandpa Daycare

Old Posted Jan 28, 2007, 8:24 PM
DET->CLT->DC

Bravo!

Old Posted Jan 28, 2007, 9:19 PM

I live in Toronto, and would really like to go to Pittsburgh this summer, from all the pictures I have seen looks like a great city, in a great setting.

Would anyone have any advice for first time visitors, eg. where to stay, downtown, close to downtown etc... It would just be my wife and myself going.

We were to Gettysburgh a few years ago and love Pennsylvania.

Old Posted Jan 28, 2007, 11:31 PM
Eurosceptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braddale View Post
I live in Toronto, and would really like to go to Pittsburgh this summer, from all the pictures I have seen looks like a great city, in a great setting.

Would anyone have any advice for first time visitors, eg. where to stay, downtown, close to downtown etc... It would just be my wife and myself going.

We were to Gettysburgh a few years ago and love Pennsylvania.

There are plenty of hotels downtown... but it can get pretty pricey. I would suggest the Holiday Inn Express on the South Side on S. 10th St. I stayed there once myself... and it's quite nice and very convenient. It's close to downtown... but more importantly, it's in the heart of the South Side... which is Pittsburgh's most exciting neighborhood... featuring a 20-block long Victorian commercial district filled with bars, nightclubs, ethnic restaurants, shops, etc.

There's a couple hotels on the North Shore... just across the Allegheny River from downtown... near the baseball stadium... not sure how expensive they are.

And if you're looking for more of an East End experience... there's a nice Courtyard Marriott on Centre and Liberty in the Shadyside area. This will give you quick access (not to mention complimentary shuttle service) to many of PGH's most interesting neighborhoods... like Bloomfield, Lawrenceville, Oakland, Shadyside and Squirrel Hill.

You might as well just check out these sites...

http://www.visitpittsburgh.com

http://www.pittsburghneighborhoodtours.com

They can give you lots of lodging information.

Old Posted Jan 29, 2007, 12:56 AM

Great!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the links...........Pittsburgh looks like a great city to visit, the old neighbourhoods look so well preserved, and I love the pictures of the old buildings in the downtown area.

Thanks again

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos