View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 31, 2013, 7:00 AM
She needs her space

Thanks for digging that up. I'm still a little bit perplexed.

1) These are luxury condos - 9'8" is "acceptable" for ceiling heights, though a straight 10' is a much better selling point (though with cost of concrete, maybe it's not accretive to deal).

2) Even though it's residential, I'd think the slabs are at least 8-10" with a drop ceiling of another ~4-6".

I'm still doubtful of the 350' height to roof, it just doesn't make much sense. Under 400', sure, but only 350' for 38 floors?

That's around 38-55' taken up by concrete slabs and drop ceilings, leaving around 312'-295' for actual ceiling heights in the residences (nevermind that the lobby is probably a good bit higher than the residence floors). Aggressively with these numbers, 8' ceilings? For multimillion dollar residences with floor to ceiling glass windows and vistas of the Bay and City? No no...

Keep in mind that Emporis and SSP list Infinity II at 450 ft (41 stories, 10.97"/fl) and Wiki lists it at 423 ft (10.31"/fl), and all three list Infinity I at 350 ft (37 stories, 9.46"/fl). Either way, none of the numbers add up to anything we can totally trust (discrepancy for II and highly improbable number for I, plus the two towers are identical and should have similar if not the same floor heights).