View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 31, 2009, 5:37 AM

Great pictures! I didn't realize that this area existed, although oil and gas is vital for numerous industries, so refineries and the like are needed all around both countries and around the world.

There are a ton of refineries around here as well, which is kind of rare, but not really (I think there are refineries on the bays and shores in North Jersey and near New York City, but the Chesapeake Bay is not as marred as our Delaware River). I know you saw my Marcus Hook thread, of the refinery town in the corner of Pennsylvania. Delaware City, in my state, has a refinery that is pretty much the "skyline" for the town, and you can see it from much of New Castle County. There are a couple refineries in New Jersey, like in Paulsboro and a couple other places, and DuPont has a chemical facility in Carney's Point/Pennsville in New Jersey (with a pretty cool historic industrial building almost literally next to the northbound descent from the Delaware Memorial Bridge). You would probably like this area as well.