View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 12, 2010, 7:19 AM
She needs her space

I take medicine and at night when the side effects are strong, it makes me a little more emotional, but I cried when I saw these pictures. I am going to spend the next half hour looking at other places to try to get these images out of my head. I'm born and raised in the south, and am conservative, and somewhat religious, and I can't tell if I would rather live in Haiti or there. That place is the epitome of the opposite of any place I would rather be in the universe. There cannot be a worse place than this. I am so sorry for you. Why are you there? Get out. There are no opportunities for anyone there. People there look like they probably have some serious issues, too. Those pics of the things/campers? through the trees on the hill scared me. I have never seen anything like it. I have family in Colombia, and have seen real poverty, but damn, this is beyond me. It would be one thing if this were a more urban environment and Catholicism was more prominent, but oh dear, I don't want to say it. Wal-Mart's home state.