View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 5, 2017, 2:01 AM
Cat Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MdtwnATL View Post
Honestly, it's less about McFarland Mall (that's behind the entrance ramp toward the University from the interstate. It's just about the total lack of zoning from O'Charley's all the way down to basically the new shops at 15th. It's just so random, rundown and looks no different than it did in the mid 90's. I don't get how it's never been a focus of those at city hall.
I agree, although, I think the major issues really start south of the McFarland/Hargrove intersection. Below that, it's like everything goes to rural-roadside-zero-zoning hell.

Sigh.... things take so long to be addressed like a proper part of town. I had high hopes that the city would take a more comprehensive planning approach throughout the city after the tornado, but I've really not noticed progress (policy-wise) in areas of town that we unaffected.

EDIT: Though, I would say that I am intrigued by the planned roadway improvements along Skyland. I'm interested to see how things play out after the completion of those projects.

SSP Alabama Universities: Alabama - UAB - Alabama State