View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 2, 2017, 1:31 AM
Cat Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayden View Post
I totally get where you are coming from. No one or no group of people want to be generalized especially when they have outlooks totally different from that generalization. If you felt my comments discounted the hard work that you and others do in your state to combat certain issues I do apologize.

And no, I have never been a resident of Alabama. However, I was born and raised in a neighboring state that also suffers from continuing generalizations based on it's dark past.
I appreciate your honesty, and I humbly accept your apology. Not that you had to apologize, but I appreciate that you took the time to understand my concerns.

In the end, I think it is hard to know what do to remove such a searing stigma of racial intolerance... especially when many would like it to define an entire state. Voting along party lines, as many Alabamians do, is nothing unusual in the US. That is what keeps state government tilting at such a crooked angle. I think that permanent change will only come as older generations... drop off the map?

SSP Alabama Universities: Alabama - UAB - Alabama State