View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 9, 2009, 12:01 AM
Cat Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttownfeen View Post
Then I don't understand why they are adding this southern plaza at all. The historic site in the on northern side of the building - that's where any commemorative plaza should be.

Given the choice between keeping a building in a shabby unusable state for the sake of retaining some arbitrary government designation and renovating it for modern use at the cost of losing the historic designation, I'd take the latter.

I think that's a poor example and precedent anyway. The Bears should be rewarded for preserving the Soldier Field site instead of tearing it down and moving the stadium to the suburbs as so many teams have done.

Oh, I agree. But, of course, I'm not making the decisions. You have to remember, the Board of Trustees doesn't REALLY care about what the students think.

It would be nice if the federal government board that does these landmark status's and the University could actually work together to come up with some kinda plan that would prevent it from losing it's NHL status.

Of course, we don't know for sure if it ever will lose its status. I guess we just have to wait and see.

SSP Alabama Universities: Alabama - UAB - Alabama State