HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted May 20, 2024, 2:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maldive View Post
2346 Yonge Street | 185.91m | 56s | Diamond Corp | CGL Architects l pre-construction
I would like to see UT begin employing more informative headings. "Pre-construction"? Of course it's pre-construction, it was announced two days ago. It would be much more useful to list projects as ranging between Pre-approved, Appealed to OLT (if necessary), Approved but pre-sales, In sales, Demolition (if necessary), Excavation, Under construction, and Topping off. Would those elaborations be so onerous?

Old Posted May 20, 2024, 3:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gresto View Post
I would like to see UT begin employing more informative headings. "Pre-construction"? Of course it's pre-construction, it was announced two days ago. It would be much more useful to list projects as ranging between Pre-approved, Appealed to OLT (if necessary), Approved but pre-sales, In sales, Demolition (if necessary), Excavation, Under construction, and Topping off. Would those elaborations be so onerous?

You may have noticed I often edit the UT "pre-construction" for SSP ... if I've been paying attention to an appropriate/actual status change for a project.

I often replace it with approved (or approved? if a settlement agreement), demolition, excavation, site shoring, site prep, topped out etc.

I suppose I could include "appealed to OLT" or "refused" etc. But hey, there's only 5 of us here talking anyway lol.

You're welcome.

Old Posted May 20, 2024, 12:46 PM
I am the law!

The only status that expresses intent to proceed to construction is "in sales" . The rest are wishful thinking.

All these status subsets would be onerous to maintain and most likely reserved to UT subscribers.

Old Posted May 23, 2024, 1:53 PM

Quayside | 242.5m | 72s | Dream l Masterplan and Zoning resubmission

Resubmitted for zoning approval.

Nice to see this amazing, towering district on the eastern waterfront move a step closer. There are 5 towers in the master-plan @ 242.5m, 238m, 228m, 197m and 188m, along with the 44m tall, block long Timber House. A 6th tower (see below) is privately held and listed @ 186m. The mix for Quayside is affordable rental, market-rate rental, condo, commercial (office, retail) and public space / park.

UT

Timber House:

UT

Massing:

UT

Alison Brooks’ contribution (the tallest at Quayside) called the Western Curve:

UT

UT

Henning Larsen's 228m The Overstory at grade.

UT

Community Forest:

UT

The 6th tower (see below) is the privately owned 307 Lake Shore Blvd East designed by BDP Quadrangle shown as 186m on the master-plan, but appears at 49s/160m in the UT database (no official news of any height increase AFAIK ;-).

UT

^ BTW... Six new 150 metre+ towers in just a couple of blocks of the eastern waterfront would take the record ... depending on how "Mr. Christie" 2150 Lake Shore West at Humber Bay pans out... currently also has six 150 metre+ towers proposed, albeit on a much larger site.

Old Posted May 24, 2024, 1:37 AM

First, happy to see this is still alive and the designs got taller and not watered down.
Second, I can't believe how long it's taken for that section of waterfront to be developed. I remember it as a kid in the 80's looking almost the same as it does now.

Old Posted May 24, 2024, 4:33 AM
¥ ¥ ¥

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorontoDrew View Post
First, happy to see this is still alive and the designs got taller and not watered down.

Don't get too excited just yet - this is still only in the zoning approval phase. Still lots of time for the old bait & switch before it gets to market.

Old Posted May 27, 2024, 8:42 PM

214-230 Sherbourne | 150.55m | 46s | KingSett Capital | Hariri Pontarini l pre-construction

Reduced 1 storey for flight path issues, but the same beauty it was when first submitted. This city is blessed by HPA.

UT

UT

UT

P.S. I know this is Kingsett

Old Posted May 27, 2024, 8:46 PM
Volatile Pacivist

Yeah the Sherbourne one is nice. Especially the lower part. I kind of wish it stopped at maybe 12 or so floors since on the first two pictures I was more excited than on the third lol.

Old Posted May 30, 2024, 7:45 PM

135 Isabella | 236.17m | 69s | KingSett Capital | BDP Quadrangle l recommended for Approval

This BDP Quadrangle beauty is now recommended for Approval (including site demo approval).

UT

UT

239 Dundas East | 163.6m | 52s | Metropia | Turner Fleischer l recommended for Approval

Affordable rental, condo and retail mix recommended for Approval.

UT

UT

123 Edward | 189.05m | 59s | Crown Realty Partners | Turner Fleischer l recommended for Approval

Not looking forward to this monolith photo-bombing the classic shots of City Hall... very surprised it's on track for approval. More than 1500 condos and retail in 59 and 53 storey Siamese twins.

UT

UT

Old Posted May 31, 2024, 1:32 PM

61 Brownlow | 196.6m | 59s | Menkes | Turner Fleischer l recommended for Approval

Affordable rental, condo and retail in towers @ 59 and 55 storeys.

UT

Paclo

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada