HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted May 21, 2013, 4:05 PM

Hey guys,

I've been reading this board for some time and finally decided to make an account. It's great that there are other Bama campus/construction enthusiasts.
I've noticed several new things this summer as well.

It looks like they're beginning the fountain at the engineering quad. They have the middle of the quad fenced off.

The new sorority houses and new street look to be nearly completed. They are MASSIVE!

The water center is coming along nicely as well as the parking deck behind it.

I am curious as to what they're building near the nursing building. It looks like they are constructing an entire building by the size of the area fenced off

Also, several things have been made in the city recently also. A Gander Mountain and Cheddars have recently been opened. The Gander Mountain needs a stop light or something to me. It seems so dangerous that the entrance is just a median. I imagine many wrecks will happen there.

It looks like they are beginning the foundation work on the embassy suites.

Apartments seem to be popping up every day. The huge complex at the old Hobby Lobby location is coming along nicely. I think it will look really nice when it's done.

Several smaller loft complexes have been popping up in downtown.

They are currently renovating old offices in the PNC tower downtown to turn into apartments.

The Rounders renovation was recently completed and the Chipotle on the strip recently opened.

Roll Tide

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast