HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Mar 11, 2010, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tredici View Post
So, today, the Alabama Senate approved the $1 Billion bill for highways, roads, railroads, etc... transit stuff. It's supposed to be taken out of the state's trust fund that gets money from royalties that the state gets from offshore drilling. The bill must still go through the House and then be approved during the general elections in November by the voters.

I'm interested to hear what everyone thinks. I'm not sure how I feel about it. I mean, I'm usually against outrageous spending, but in this case, the money is actually already there and in existence. I think I would be much more supportive of this if we could see a list of things that the legislature wants to do with it. Specifically, I'd like to know how much of the money they want to spend on each thing.

Anyways, what's everyone else think?
Haven't read the legislation yet so I can't speak to specifics of it, but I do agree that our surface infrastructure needs vast improvement. I just hope the money is spent wisely (which is a stretch in this state) and the projects are equitable. I will probably end up voting for the resolution this fall at this point unless there is some dramatic change in the House version or I learn of how it might be more detrimental to the state.
"Make no little plans. They have no magic to stir men's blood and probably themselves will not be realized. Make big plans. Aim high in hope and work. Remembering that a noble, logical diagram once recorded will not die."

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast