HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted May 10, 2013, 7:39 PM

Some more Sunny Isles non-Ocean front buildings:

link to image that isn't posting as an image for some reason:
http://media.bizj.us/view/img/343331...tropez*600.jpg

http://www.bizjournals.com/southflor...les-condo.html

Quote:
Priciest unit at new Sunny Isles condo marketed at $4M

Oscar Pedro Musibay
Reporter-South Florida Business Journal

The most expensive unit in the J. Milton & Associates new Sunny Isles condominium called Parque Towers at St. Tropez is priced at $4 million.
Groundbreaking on the 329-unit, two-tower project is anticipated for January 2014 with the grand opening projected for 2015.
Water access for the project, planned at 330 Sunny Isles Beach Blvd., will be on the Intracoastal. The project will be directly across the street from the planned Gateway Park, which the developer and city are working together to complete.
Parque Towers will offer two floor plan options and two and three bedroom units ranging in size from 1,799 square feet to 2,417 square feet. Amenities will include onsite restaurants, private rooftop plunge pools, a recreational area for kids and a performance stage.

Old Posted May 11, 2013, 3:29 AM

Quite a bit of construction going on in Brickell these days. Imagine what this will look like once BCC starts going vertical on the top left of this image:

(from Aerial Photography Inc @exmiami.org)

Old Posted May 16, 2013, 5:47 PM

Topped out at 485 feet, Regalia in Sunny Isles:
http://www.regaliamiami.com/html/index.php?type=6

Old Posted May 16, 2013, 5:49 PM

From miami.curbed.com here is the 643 foot tall Mainsions at Acqualina in Sunny Isles going verticle:

Old Posted May 16, 2013, 6:03 PM

Skyview has just about topped out in Edgewater:

(from sandman @exmiami.org)

Old Posted May 16, 2013, 7:37 PM
She needs her space

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave8721 View Post
Quite a bit of construction going on in Brickell these days. Imagine what this will look like once BCC starts going vertical on the top left of this image:

(from Aerial Photography Inc @exmiami.org)
Good to see infill jumping the track.

Old Posted May 17, 2013, 1:12 PM

Another big project in the works. From today's Miami Herald. Looks like MDM (Met Miami developers) are getting together with the Miami World Center people to get part of that project off the ground.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/05/1...on-center.html

Quote:
Massive new convention center and hotel in the works for downtown Miami

BY ANDRES VIGLUCCI
AVIGLUCCI@MIAMIHERALD.COM

A big player in downtown Miami development has solidified plans to build a major, privately financed convention center topped by a massive, 1,800-room hotel — the largest in South Florida — on the site of the demolished Miami Arena.

MDM Group confirmed Thursday it has a contract to purchase the old arena site from the developers of the larger Miami World Center, a long-planned mixed-use project that would take up several blocks in the Park West district west of Biscayne Boulevard downtown. Terms were not disclosed.

MDM and its architects also released a rendering and a video, posted on You Tube, of a swooping, cascading, three-legged Marriott hotel tower rising over a huge podium containing the 500,000-square-foot convention center, a 1,500-square-foot theater, and a 2,300-car garage partly buried under ground.

As news of the project, which had been rumored for months, trickled out this week, MDM and Miami World Center principals have declined to elaborate in detail on the massive plan’s cost, financing plans or timetable. No plans have been submitted to the city of Miami, where officials — who have long urged development of a new downtown convention center — say they have not been approached by the developers.

But MDM’s architect, John Nichols, who was authorized to speak on the developers’ behalf, said his client intends to push forward quickly, believes it’s financially feasible because of high demand for hotels and meeting space in Miami, and could have the project done within four years. Nichols said the project would easily cost more than $1 billion.

“Miami is such a red-hot community, and this will be a true iconic landmark on the horizon,’’ said Nichols, of Nichols Brosch Wurst Wolfe, who said the firm has completed a conceptual design. “This is a huge undertaking. We’ve blocked it out and we know it will work.’’

At the same time, Miami World Center, whose ambitious plans were stalled by the real-estate crash, appears ready to move ahead with a large retail center and several residential buildings next to the contemplated convention center. The company has issued marketing materials outlining 1 million square feet of retail, restaurant and entertainment space.

Nichols said MDM and Miami World Center are closely coordinating planning and design to ensure the project meets the goals of the broader development, which was approved as a special zoning district by the city during the previous real-estate boom. That plan outlined a dense, pedestrian-friendly district that mixes retail, commercial and residential buildings of different scales with open spaces to ensure an urban neighborhood feel.

Nichols said MDM — which separately is completing the four-block Met Miami mega-project downtown — intends to raise all financing for the project privately, with no publicmoney. Marriott has agreed to manage the hotel, Nichols said, though the company would not comment Thursday.
Full article here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/05/1...#storylink=cpy

Last edited by dave8721; May 17, 2013 at 1:25 PM.

Old Posted May 17, 2013, 2:25 PM

Yay, we finally get our downtown convention center. Between this, the rail station and MWC, that area is going to be hot.

Old Posted May 17, 2013, 2:57 PM
She needs her space

I'm not sorry for saying this, but little bits and pieces of infill here and there excite me much more than the constant barrage of these ugly Vegas-style renderings of massive buildings (none of which have actually gotten out of the ground yet).

MBCC is in the midst of an $800M expansion/redo - so this ugly ass thing on top of the convention center in downtown Miami will be competing with the public-private partnership that is going to be selected (two bidding teams) to redo the Miami Beach convention center and add 100,000-125,000 SF retail and an 800 room hotel? There's mucho public money involved with the MBCC (can't remember if it's bonds/bed tax money strictly from MB), so I would hope the downtown convention center is 100% private for the sake of taxpayers!

Old Posted May 17, 2013, 4:05 PM

Based on the article, the only public money might be from the redevelopment agency for utility projects. It also states that this will not compete with MBCC, which will be much larger. Miami in general lacks good conference space. Other people have talked about building their own downtown convention center (MWC, Genting), so it's no surprise that someone might finally do it on their own.

Old Posted May 17, 2013, 5:46 PM

I felt the biggest news was that not only would there be this hotel/convention center but that it would connect to the new grand central station next door and the MWC would be moving ahead with "several" residential towers around the new convention center. Right now that whole area is a massive block hole of vacant lots where the homeless outnumber everyone else. Seeing those vacant lots filled with anything is a positive

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=700+n+...ida+33136&z=17

Old Posted May 17, 2013, 5:51 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by simms3_redux View Post
I'm not sorry for saying this, but little bits and pieces of infill here and there excite me much more than the constant barrage of these ugly Vegas-style renderings of massive buildings (none of which have actually gotten out of the ground yet).
Yes.

Old Posted May 17, 2013, 5:53 PM
BANNED

That Marriott rendering is dated Vegas-style cheese at its fucking worst.

Old Posted May 18, 2013, 2:11 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickell View Post
Yay, we finally get our downtown convention center. Between this, the rail station and MWC, that area is going to be hot.
Plus resort world miami is also building a convention center as well.

Old Posted May 18, 2013, 3:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickell View Post
Do you this means Overtown station? Is that near Metrorail station? I think it is overtown, am I correct? I remember where the old arena is. They already demolished it. I remember last time that we went to Circus back in January 1991.

Old Posted May 18, 2013, 4:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave8721 View Post
Topped out at 485 feet, Regalia in Sunny Isles:
http://www.regaliamiami.com/html/index.php?type=6

Hey! I remember where the street is. It is on Collins Ave. I think it is near 856 & Collins Ave, am I correct?

Old Posted May 22, 2013, 1:57 AM
Honored Member

Brickell House U/C

DSC_0034 by QuantumX, on Flickr

Brickell CityCentre U/C

CSC_0083 by QuantumX, on Flickr

Millecento U/C

DSC_0013 by QuantumX, on Flickr

CSC_0082 by QuantumX, on Flickr
[B][I]"I'm going to bet you that [U]when we're done [/U]-- [U]I don't know when that will be [/U]-- historians will identify this as the most significant and rapid transformation of an American city.'' Former Miami City Commissioner 05/22/05[/I][/B]

Old Posted May 22, 2013, 2:13 AM
Honored Member

Regalia U/C

[B][I]"I'm going to bet you that [U]when we're done [/U]-- [U]I don't know when that will be [/U]-- historians will identify this as the most significant and rapid transformation of an American city.'' Former Miami City Commissioner 05/22/05[/I][/B]

Old Posted May 22, 2013, 2:25 AM
Honored Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by N830MH View Post
Hey! I remember where the street is. It is on Collins Ave. I think it is near 856 & Collins Ave, am I correct?
Yes, and it looks stunning from 856!

Old Posted May 22, 2013, 4:03 AM
Honored Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by N830MH View Post
Do you this means Overtown station? Is that near Metrorail station? I think it is overtown, am I correct? I remember where the old arena is. They already demolished it. I remember last time that we went to Circus back in January 1991.
Video Link

DSCN2035 by QuantumX, on Flickr

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations