HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Mar 19, 2018, 12:34 AM
Hong Kong

hkskyline's 2018 in Chicago - Freezing to Frozen

I last visited Chicago in 2006. The airline I flew with doesn't exist anymore. The weather was mixed and I went away a bit disappointed. I returned in early 2018 shortly after the polar vortex hoping the freezing temperatures would also mean clearer skies. I got a great hotel deal near the Magnificent Mile, presumably because it is low season for tourism after all.

First impressions were wonderful. I had a sunny sunrise on final approach into O'Hare.

I picked a left window seat anticipating wonderful aerials on arrival. I was not disappointed.

With my bags dropped off, I braved the cold to explore the Magnificent Mile. The Chicago River was pretty much frozen over; that's how cold it was!

The pavement turned white not because of snow, but from the cold!

The John Hancock's observation deck is quite pricey. I decided to eat lunch at the restaurant on 96/F instead, which the guidebook said was a better deal. I agree.

Are you rich enough to enjoy the lake view?

Looking down, Water Tower looks so small and insignificant amidst all the buildings.

More in the next part, or visit my website : http://www.globalphotos.org/chicago.htm

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos