HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Apr 9, 2015, 10:28 PM
Registered Drug User

Stupid human tricks

Here's the latest in Stratford: Parking halfway past the curb onto the soft, wet sod.

Why? Because they're idiot farm boys in pickup trucks doing what idiot farm boys do. When they're not drinking, fighting or driving like idiots.

They all looked at me with malice when I stopped to take this pic. As if I were challenging them to a duel. Or a joust. One of them honked his horn. I smiled.

Herod had the wrong idea. Under the age of two? Nah...14 to 25 would be better. Because it's testosterone poisoning that causes all the problems.

Old Posted Apr 9, 2015, 10:33 PM

I don't know how to read this post.

Old Posted Apr 9, 2015, 10:34 PM
Sawmill Billowtoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIce View Post
I don't know how to read this post.
Left to right and top-to-bottom, usually. If you see roman characters, you should know what to do by now, for chrissakes.

Old Posted Apr 9, 2015, 10:42 PM

Makes it more interesting when they decide to leave with a RWD burnout...

Old Posted Apr 9, 2015, 11:15 PM

In Edmonton we have those people in the city as well. They usebtheir trucks to drive to their office job and then go buy groceries afterwards. And they park like assholes.

Old Posted Apr 9, 2015, 11:25 PM

^Welcome to Most-of-Canada.

Old Posted Apr 9, 2015, 11:39 PM

I have never seen that before. I don't get the thinking behind it... "I got me a truck that goes off road, lookit this"

Old Posted Apr 10, 2015, 12:10 AM

If you (a stranger) stopped to take pictures of me. I would 100% glare at you. If you started laughing I would probably flip you the bird. Just saying. You dont have to be an "idiot farm boy" to have that reaction.

Old Posted Apr 10, 2015, 12:18 AM
BANNED

Meh I'm on the fence on this one.

So many of these folk are in fact idiots.

However at the same time I respect people that actually need trucks far more than people that drive cars.

I donno it's a hard thing.

I respect people that actually embrace and acknowledge that they are in fact working class.

However at the same time I get annoyed by people that allow themselves to be defined by a social classfication.

Old Posted Apr 10, 2015, 12:30 AM
Registered Drug User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infrequent Poster View Post
If you (a stranger) stopped to take pictures of me. I would 100% glare at you. If you started laughing I would probably flip you the bird. Just saying. You dont have to be an "idiot farm boy" to have that reaction.
The difference being that your average person on the street not being an idiot probably isn't going to have strangers taking their picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker
However at the same time I respect people that actually need trucks far more than people that drive cars.
Irrelevant. It's not the need for the pickup, it's the idiot farm boys doing idiot things that is the stupid human trick here.

Stupid human tricks happen everywhere. This was just one that I've been seeing lately. I ride my bike past that stretch of the lake next to the Festival Theatre about three hundred times a year, and also drive by it in the car a lot, so I notice when things change. This backing up over the curb to park your rear wheels on the grass thing is new this year.

I'm aware that "stupid things people do in cars" is an internet cliche, but I honestly think that this is a new take on the genre.

Old Posted Apr 10, 2015, 12:34 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rousseau View Post
The difference being that your average person on the street not being an idiot probably isn't going to have strangers taking their picture.

Irrelevant. It's not the need for the pickup, it's the idiot farm boys doing idiot things that is the stupid human trick here.

Stupid human tricks happen everywhere. This was just one that I've been seeing lately. I ride my bike past that stretch of the lake next to the Festival Theatre about three hundred times a year, and also drive by it in the car a lot, so I notice when things change. This backing up over the curb to park your rear wheels on the grass thing is new this year.

I'm aware that "stupid things people do in cars" is an internet cliche, but I honestly think that this is a new take on the genre.
Ah I didn't realize it was the rear tire thing you were talking about.

That is actually pretty infuriating.

I'd call it in on repeat offenders, I'm sure there show be some law on it.

Another trend I can't stand is 17-19 year old kids, growing out long hair and always wearing a backwards baseball cap.

http://pictures1.kyozou.com/pictures...8/21007000.jpg

Old Posted Apr 10, 2015, 12:41 AM
BANNED

Isn't so obnoxious if you casually throw a hat on while trying play a game of street hockey, however when 2 or more of your friends are hanging around in middle of a shopping mall with such strategically placed hats it's a bit embarssasing.

Old Posted Apr 10, 2015, 12:41 AM
Back from the dead

Stupid human tricks ?

Well, it's not Canada but here in China you can never go more than ten minutes without seeing a driver doing something that makes you shake your head. 5 minutes to parallel park (often hitting something in the process) Turning but not bothering to actually, you know, turn. Constant weaving as though the lines on the road were there just because they look pretty. Seriously, it goes on.

Honestly, we just can't compete as Canadians if we're just talking about driving. Hell, I've heard India is even worse but as I've never been there I can't say.

AND HOLY CRAP ! That man has disco hair. It's so shiny. Sooooooooo shiny.

Old Posted Apr 10, 2015, 12:43 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spocket View Post
Stupid human tricks ?

Well, it's not Canada but here in China you can never go more than ten minutes without seeing a driver doing something that makes you shake your head. 5 minutes to parallel park (often hitting something in the process) Turning but not bothering to actually, you know, turn. Constant weaving as though the lines on the road were there just because they look pretty. Seriously, it goes on.

Honestly, we just can't compete as Canadians if we're just talking about driving. Hell, I've heard India is even worse but as I've never been there I can't say.
For the love of god don't start this.

Old Posted Apr 10, 2015, 12:47 AM
Registered Drug User

Chinese driving is truly an inexhaustible source of stupid. I saw it first hand when I lived there. It's actually a lethal combination of stupidity mixed with an utter inability to give a toss about anything happening beyond the end of your nose.

But I think that's a little beyond the purview of this thread. We are in the Canada section, after all.

Old Posted Apr 10, 2015, 1:01 AM

Quote:
This backing up over the curb to park your rear wheels on the grass thing is new this year.
My other theory: it's a free, instant way to make your truck have the stance it would have if you'd beefed up your rear suspension.

Old Posted Apr 10, 2015, 1:04 AM
Back from the dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
For the love of god don't start this.
I'm just saying that in over 3 decades of living in Canada I never saw anything remotely comparable to the driving I see here every day. It's fun to say "Ha, look at the stupid people in Canada." but it's all done in a vacuum. We're saints compared to a lot of the rest of the world as far as driving goes.

Old Posted Apr 10, 2015, 1:13 AM
Registered Drug User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lio45 View Post
My other theory: it's a free, instant way to make your truck have the stance it would have if you'd beefed up your rear suspension.
I just noticed that all four domestic pickup makers are represented: Ford, Chevy, Dodge and GMC.

Do I win a prize?

Old Posted Apr 10, 2015, 2:33 AM
¥ ¥ ¥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
Another trend I can't stand is 17-19 year old kids, growing out long hair and always wearing a backwards baseball cap.

http://pictures1.kyozou.com/pictures...8/21007000.jpg

Damn kids these days with their long hair!

Old Posted Apr 10, 2015, 4:10 AM
HVAC guru

Quote:
I just noticed that all four domestic pickup makers are represented: Ford, Chevy, Dodge and GMC.

Do I win a prize?
Well Chev and GMV are basically the same thing so..

As the proud driver of a Toyota Tacoma I'm relieved not to be represented here

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada