HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Feb 28, 2012, 2:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by philvia View Post
it's perfectly ridiculous. just because you can afford a larger house doesn't mean you should buy it - that's no excuse. my point was that people buy these large houses out of vanity and not purpose.

if you make a purchase decision solely on the fact that a house has 4 bedrooms rather than the 3 that you need, that is ridiculous. yes people have choices, but that doesn't mean they're right or that they demand respect.

the worst offenders are the "guest rooms" and the "home office". every suburbanite wants a guest room for that yearly visit from the inlaws and every suburbanite wants a dedicated office to store their 1.4 pound laptop - and before you lose your mind, people who have frequent guests and people who actually work from home are perfectly fine requiring dedicated spaces, but the MAJORITY of people need neither. it's all vanity.
Oh my god...you can certainly have your own opinion, but don't act like yours is the "right" one for everyone. There is absolutely nothing wrong with someone having a guest room if they need and can afford it. It's not up to you or me or anyone else to decide that it's wrong for someone else. And most people (other than the 1%) do not have one for vanity - they have one for GUESTS.

You are making a large number of assumptions about people and their reasons for wanting/needing space. Just because your needs/desires are different definitely does not make them correct. I can't believe some of the posts in this thread - they sound like they are coming from right-wing conservatives attempting to push their views on everyone else! I always thought that urban dwellers were more open minded and tolerant than the general population (and I still think so), but I can see that some of them on this site aren't.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions