HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast

Old Posted Feb 20, 2017, 12:32 AM
America's Mars Rocket

Tenders announced they will be opening a fourth location in the former Little Paul’s Barbecue building on Madison Street downtown across from Huntsville Hospital.

Across town Wintzell's Oyster House is closing its Huntsville store today after six years in business.
In the Mid City construction area (Madison Square demolition) Macaroni Grill is closing. Too bad liked them, but with the demise of Madison Square
it was probably destined to close especially now with the huge dirt and debris field behind them.

Last edited by HSVTiger; Feb 22, 2017 at 2:48 AM.

Old Posted Feb 22, 2017, 4:00 PM

Let's Play and Altitude Trampoline Park coming to Huntsvile

For those with young kids:

Let's Play and Altitude Trampoline Park are under construction in the Target Shopping Center on University Drive.

Both should be open this summer.

Old Posted Feb 22, 2017, 11:55 PM

Jack's is being built across from Las Trojas Cantina on Hw 72.

Last edited by RCSHSV; Feb 23, 2017 at 8:21 PM.

Old Posted Feb 23, 2017, 2:36 AM
America's Mars Rocket

From WAFF TV

A newly released report by The Huntsville Area Association of Realtors shows a 9 percent spike in 2016 sales. That's compared to the number of homes sold back in 2015.

The average price of a home last year in Huntsville was $181,000, a 6 percent rise over 2015 where the average was $171,000.
Cindi Peters-Tanner with North Alabama Multiple Listing Service says,

"What we're also seeing is our inventory is dropping. So, in January of last year, we had 6,000 homes on the market, in January of this year, we had 5,000 homes on the market. That's great. We're starting to see the change."

Old Posted Feb 23, 2017, 3:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCSHSV View Post
Milo's Hamburgers is being built across from Las Trojas Cantina on Hw 72.
Thought that was a Jack's being built.

Old Posted Feb 23, 2017, 8:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennhioland View Post
Thought that was a Jack's being built.
It is my bad. Rumor report lol

Old Posted Feb 24, 2017, 12:25 PM

Any info on a possible music venue and hotel on Governors between 565 and Triana? Please be true (the music venue part at least).

Old Posted Feb 24, 2017, 7:09 PM

Madison Fresh Market

Anyone know the reason for the delay of the Madison Fresh Market? The shell has been completed for months but there doesn't seem to be any work going on inside.

Old Posted Feb 24, 2017, 9:18 PM
America's Mars Rocket

The long speculated grocer anchored development outside Gate 7 at Zierdt and Martin is a bit closer

Jim Gendreau of Huntsville SJ and Tailwinds Development in Florida said they are recruiting national sit-down restaurants and chains to the site, which he expects will be operational by fall 2018.

"I think within another 30 days we'll be able to release (tenant) names," he said.

Old Posted Feb 24, 2017, 11:25 PM
Cat Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVTiger View Post
The long speculated grocer anchored development outside Gate 7 at Zierdt and Martin is a bit closer

Jim Gendreau of Huntsville SJ and Tailwinds Development in Florida said they are recruiting national sit-down restaurants and chains to the site, which he expects will be operational by fall 2018.

"I think within another 30 days we'll be able to release (tenant) names," he said.
This is bound to encourage even more growth in the SW regions of Huntsville. Wonder how this will influence development further south in Triana.

SSP Alabama Universities: Alabama - UAB - Alabama State

Old Posted Feb 26, 2017, 12:19 AM
America's Mars Rocket

Under construction down the street from Cabela's
A little bit of Texas in the Rocket City
https://www.cavenders.com/

Old Posted Feb 26, 2017, 5:30 AM

Quote:

Ah yes, the pretentious spelling of Shoppes.

Old Posted Feb 27, 2017, 1:26 AM
America's Mars Rocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp7123 View Post
Anyone know the reason for the delay of the Madison Fresh Market? The shell has been completed for months but there doesn't seem to be any work going on inside.
The interior build out will be bid March 2, so probably see activity within a month maybe.

Old Posted Feb 28, 2017, 2:46 PM

Quote:

The picture changed for the linked url. The new picture seems to imply Trader Joes is coming. I'm sure this will send some people into hysterics...

Old Posted Feb 28, 2017, 9:35 PM
Cat Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy View Post
The picture changed for the linked url. The new picture seems to imply Trader Joes is coming. I'm sure this will send some people into hysterics...
haha, I was getting excited for a second.

SSP Alabama Universities: Alabama - UAB - Alabama State

Old Posted Mar 1, 2017, 12:35 AM
America's Mars Rocket

Constellation downtown..for real this time, very well could be.

Developer Scott McLain, of Coldwell Commercial Real Estate and McLain Real Estate, said Constellation is in full development now and they are moving fast for an early groundbreaking, despite several delays in recent years.

"We will probably not have another big announcement, since we did that, but we will likely have a groundbreaking ceremony," he told AL.com. "You should also see increasing activity on the site these days."

McLain announced the nearly $180 million live-work-shop project at the old Heart of Huntsville mall property in 2014. He told AL.com then he had assembled a team to turn the mostly empty site into new restaurants and shops, 150 apartments, 280,000 square feet of office space, two parking decks and a new hotel.
He said there have been many changes since 2014, but none that dramatically change the scope of the project at the Memorial Parkway-Clinton Avenue interchange.

"Different players, somewhat different sizes, but all the same elements," he said. "At some point soon we will need to announce the changes. Because of our prior announcements, I am hesitant to do that when there could be passage of time before we are on site for construction."

A groundbreaking date is not yet available, but will likely take place in the next few months. The names of future tenants are unknown.

"Announcements of tenants are decided by the tenants," McLain said. "We will be able to announce a couple of the parts that we control. We are having a good time and are being well received."

McLain said they have a "firmly established and functioning partnership" for Constellation, which is moving swiftly and experiencing full activity every day.

Old Posted Mar 1, 2017, 12:41 AM
America's Mars Rocket

Quote:
Under construction down the street from Cabela's
A little bit of Texas in the Rocket City
https://www.cavenders.com/

opening this summer

Cavender's will launch an 18,000-square-foot location in a few months at Cabela's Way. The store will sell Cavender's full line of cowboy boots, shirts, hats, belts and accessories for men, women and children

Old Posted Mar 1, 2017, 4:00 PM
Constant Vigilance!

Quote:
"Different players, somewhat different sizes, but all the same elements," he said. "At some point soon we will need to announce the changes. Because of our prior announcements, I am hesitant to.
This is what has me worried. Yes I'm excited by the notion that maybe after 250 years this tract of land may finally begin to develop however this quote is what scares me. Hopefully its not a last ditch effort for something to be built and ends up a rushed, visionless development that belongs in the suburbs and not in Downtown Huntsville. I'm hoping this isn't going to be a downgrade from the announcement made a couple of years ago, which was already a downgrade from the original vision for the piece of land.

If there isn't at the very least a building taller than the Springhill Suites, then what's the point.

Old Posted Mar 1, 2017, 5:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunder89 View Post
This is what has me worried. Yes I'm excited by the notion that maybe after 250 years this tract of land may finally begin to develop however this quote is what scares me. Hopefully its not a last ditch effort for something to be built and ends up a rushed, visionless development that belongs in the suburbs and not in Downtown Huntsville. I'm hoping this isn't going to be a downgrade from the announcement made a couple of years ago, which was already a downgrade from the original vision for the piece of land.

If there isn't at the very least a building taller than the Springhill Suites, then what's the point.
They are sticking with that terrible name, so how creative could this project really be?

Old Posted Mar 1, 2017, 7:49 PM

Hopefully "Different sizes" mean bigger than it was. In the latest rendering the main buildings were 5 stories, which won't even be seen from the other side of the jail.

Also hopefully this tower that is said the be built RFCU will be the tallest one downtown.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast