HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Feb 12, 2010, 7:37 PM

I like that the Met2 makes a big impact on the skyline... not only with height, but moreso with color... the bright white condo towers with aqua-colored windows/balconies gets a little tired... variety is nice.

Old Posted Feb 13, 2010, 10:53 PM
Endless Moments...

Nics shots. Looking very good...

Wizard's First Rule: People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true.

Old Posted Feb 14, 2010, 3:29 AM
Atlantis Rises Again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdreamz View Post
fantastic aerials of Miami in the winter time! Was it cold up there New Atlantis?

I love this shot with the Brickell district on the left, the Miami River entrance in the middle & the CBD on the right!
It didn't feel as cold as it really was because the sun was really strong in the cockpit even though I had my door off.

Old Posted Feb 14, 2010, 3:39 AM
Atlantis Rises Again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by simms3 View Post
Thanks. I think it matters, too.
Of course it matters! But I just want to photograph the building and the skyline, so how about "Thanks for the great photos" as PJ3000 said as well as the thanks to Brickell for your answer? Taking photos like these and being as generous as I am with them gets pretty exhausting.

Old Posted Feb 14, 2010, 4:05 AM
Atlantis Rises Again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickell View Post
Of course it matters who is there. Empty buildings are pretty pointless.

With 3 office towers going up there's a big fight for tenants.
And of course you know that's why I'm here. It doesn't matter to me what specific tenants are there, but filling those buildings so that we see more skyscraper construction in Miami is why I'm as generous with my photos as I am. I took up urban/architectural photography because I was not seeing the kinds of perspectives of the Miami skyline and its architecture that I wanted to see. Now I know it is because very few professional caliber photographers are as generous as I am. I'm actually compromising myself and doing myself and other photographers a disservice with the number of professional quality pictures I've placed on different threads and different websites, but for me it's about attracting more tourism and commerce to Miami through my photos and helping to create more jobs and more skyscraper development in an artistic way. Of course it matters that somebody is occupying a building, but who specifically is what I don't care about. More skyscraper development here in Miami is something I do care about.

Last edited by NewAtlantisMiami; Feb 14, 2010 at 8:57 PM.

Old Posted Feb 14, 2010, 8:18 PM
Zazi Dans le Miami Metro

You R The Man

Old Posted Feb 14, 2010, 8:54 PM
Atlantis Rises Again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIAMISKYLINE View Post
You R The Man
Thank you! The last photo that you see above was just approved by Shutterstock for a total of 128 in my gallery there so far. It is precisely the perspective for which I chartered the seaplane to capture. I specifically asked the pilot if he could take me around the north side of Sunny Isles Beach so that I could attempt to get all three of Miami-Dade county's major skylines in one shot. This was the best I could do because I had too much zoom, but I'm quite happy with what I was able to capture. This aerial from above Virginia Key was also approved by Shutterstock.

Old Posted Feb 15, 2010, 5:37 AM
She needs her space

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewAtlantisMiami View Post
Of course it matters! But I just want to photograph the building and the skyline, so how about "Thanks for the great photos" as PJ3000 said as well as the thanks to Brickell for your answer? Taking photos like these and being as generous as I am with them gets pretty exhausting.
Well, Thanks for the photos! Haha, sorry, I really do appreciate them, but after years of viewing them I guess I have taken them for granted. How do you even have the time to take that many photos?

And maybe I am alone, but I want to go into real estate and so I have been tracking what firms are moving into what kind of office space and rents, cap rates, etc. So to me the mix of tenants, what floors they are going on, and how much they are paying (and who the investors are) is interesting to me.

Old Posted Feb 15, 2010, 4:32 PM
Atlantis Rises Again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by simms3 View Post
Well, Thanks for the photos! Haha, sorry, I really do appreciate them, but after years of viewing them I guess I have taken them for granted. How do you even have the time to take that many photos?

And maybe I am alone, but I want to go into real estate and so I have been tracking what firms are moving into what kind of office space and rents, cap rates, etc. So to me the mix of tenants, what floors they are going on, and how much they are paying (and who the investors are) is interesting to me.
On my regular job, I work graveyard, so I have a lot of free time during the afternoon after I wake up. That really is how I'm able do it. Ah, so you want to go into real estate for the office market. Hopefully, by the time you are ready, there will be lots for you to do. We are in a slump right now for sure, but I'm doing my best to keep interest alive through the duration and beyond. The idea is to attact more commerce to the city, whatever firms they may be, by putting as many desirable images as I can out there. I even sent pictures of 1450 Brickell to Prudential because I think it makes a good corporate symbol for them. Never heard back from the them, but the idea is to put Miami out there as the place to be in the 21st century.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2010, 9:00 PM

Quote:
More skyscraper development here in Miami is something I do care about.
Can't we just leave it at that?

Last edited by brickell; Feb 18, 2010 at 12:05 AM.

Old Posted Feb 18, 2010, 12:06 AM

The Orange Bowl take 2 aka The new Marlins Stadium

Old Posted Feb 18, 2010, 12:12 AM

Can't wait to see a game there... though I do miss seeing my 'Canes play at the OB.

Old Posted Feb 25, 2010, 3:29 PM

Quote:
w00t shots of the Jades. I have been waiting for this. Thank you.

Old Posted Feb 25, 2010, 11:32 PM
Atlantis Rises Again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickell View Post
Can't we just leave it at that?
If that is enough for you, but of course! And what you are responding to here was the last sentence of my last post that was in direct response to you. In my other posts that followed, I was responding to other people.

Old Posted Feb 26, 2010, 12:17 AM
Atlantis Rises Again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuBu View Post
w00t shots of the Jades. I have been waiting for this. Thank you.
You are welcome! Then, maybe you like these too! The first one came out a bit blurred, but I liked the perspective anyway. Since this is the Miami Development thread after all, I'm only posting them here because you expressed an interest.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2010, 12:08 PM
Atlantis Rises Again!

Old Posted Mar 9, 2010, 5:16 AM

^ what an amazing difference in 6 years!

Old Posted Mar 9, 2010, 5:35 AM

Indeed. Just need some height to punctuate that plateau.

Old Posted Mar 9, 2010, 6:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by futuresooner View Post
Why even post this piece of crap?
Same reason other pie-in-the-sky ideas are posted...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrariEnzo View Post
waste of bandwidth discussing this project
It's on topic, so how in the world is it a waste of bandwidth? Really this is ridiculous. Whether it's a vision or not is irrelevant. It's in Miami, and that's what matters.

Old Posted Mar 9, 2010, 3:51 PM
Ascension

Quote:

A 950 foot tall building would look perfect between the bap on the Biscayne Wall and a 1,200 foot tall building near the 4 Seasons. QUICK...someone do some photoshopping.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations