HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Old Posted Apr 6, 2015, 7:02 PM
Unapologetic Occidental

It's a bit messy for sure and I can get frustrated as much as anyone by some of these guys but for my money, it beats the heck out of an apathetic society where people will just swallow anything without any modicum of critical thought.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2015, 7:08 PM
Homo Platoregimontis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
It's a bit messy for sure and I can get frustrated as much as anyone by some of these guys but for my money, it beats the heck out of an apathetic society where people will just swallow anything without any modicum of critical thought.
So true !! And I prefer a society in which some of its youth is preoccupied by something else than just get high education degree ASAP and a six digits number job ASAP as well and become part of the sleeping middle class at last !!!

Come to see our SC4 cities at http://www.toutsimcity.com/forums/af....php?forum=vil
or here : http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=117089

Old Posted Apr 6, 2015, 7:16 PM
video et taceo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukw View Post
Lots of deviants/hippies in Montreal, with uncertain hygiene and health based on their outward appearance. And as far as their slogans about police brutality, are Quebec police really all that brutal? Maybe they haven't been to the US, the home of real police brutality... lol.

is the united states the standard-bearer of what should or should not be acceptable at a societal level? why should we not say that americans complaining of corruption or violence need to visit brazzaville before deciding that this or that circumstance has gone too far in their area?

as a matter of fact, actually, the montreal police department has a long history of less-than-savory dealings. i have family in this field there. there have been problems with people dying in police custody, and with police doing things like beating homeless men to death.

that aside, though, the lot of montrealers is to decide what is excessive in the context of montreal, not to wait patiently until levels of social disorder rise to the levels seen in the ghettos of america before taking note.

in the context of violence, the united states is often a western outlier.

Old Posted Apr 8, 2015, 2:36 AM

As Richard Martineau would say, though... the Libs were duly elected, and would be elected again today, so why don't they shut up and sign on as volunteers for QS if they have so much free time to invest to try to "change things"? People in places like Egypt a few years ago take the streets to demand the right to be able to vote -- we already have that, so... use it!

Old Posted Apr 8, 2015, 2:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kool maudit View Post
is the united states the standard-bearer of what should or should not be acceptable at a societal level? why should we not say that americans complaining of corruption or violence need to visit brazzaville before deciding that this or that circumstance has gone too far in their area?

as a matter of fact, actually, the montreal police department has a long history of less-than-savory dealings. i have family in this field there. there have been problems with people dying in police custody, and with police doing things like beating homeless men to death.

that aside, though, the lot of montrealers is to decide what is excessive in the context of montreal, not to wait patiently until levels of social disorder rise to the levels seen in the ghettos of america before taking note.

in the context of violence, the united states is often a western outlier.
Easy there, buddy.

The comparison with the US was invited because Canada is a neighboring country, making these comparisons frequent and natural. There's nothing unusual about that comparison.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2015, 3:04 PM

Let's take a break from the rioting U.Q.A.M. bums to focus on something more positive happening around the city
(massive construction boom)

Old Posted Apr 26, 2015, 8:16 PM

Old Posted Apr 28, 2015, 1:48 AM

Good stuff

Old Posted Apr 28, 2015, 4:36 AM
BANNED

Looks real good

Old Posted Apr 30, 2015, 10:56 AM
International

Quote:
Let's take a break from the rioting U.Q.A.M. bums to focus on something more positive happening around the city
(massive construction boom)

Old Posted Apr 30, 2015, 1:43 PM

A few weeks ago about a dozen of those losers (wearing hoods and masks) were arrested for trashing a UQAM campus. Right after this happened a group of UQAM professors (if you can call them that) went down to the station where the punks were being held, their mission was to try and negotiate the release of the punks. Apparently these dimwit alleged profs were under the impression their university was some kind of sanctuary where the laws of society didn't apply.
A police spokesman commented " I don't think these people know how the law works"
need I say more about QUAM ?

PS here's an example of one of the winners attending UQAM, I'm sure this a-hole will get his BA before he hits 40 http://montreal.ctvnews.ca/new-charg...ster-1.2350782

Last edited by mr.John; Apr 30, 2015 at 3:25 PM.

Old Posted Apr 30, 2015, 6:32 PM

Really, far left nerds will never be happy. They seem particularly noisy over there, right? Is it just an impression from John's threads or that kind of protests is frequent over there?

Old Posted Apr 30, 2015, 9:22 PM
¥ ¥ ¥

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.John View Post
PS here's an example of one of the winners attending UQAM, I'm sure this a-hole will get his BA before he hits 40 http://montreal.ctvnews.ca/new-charg...ster-1.2350782

"Babou is facing 14 charges stemming from his arrest at UQAM, including allegedly spraying a security guard with silly string."

Old Posted May 2, 2015, 5:05 PM

Celebrating the arrival of spring in Montreal with the annual mayday riot, tear gas was fired, windows were broken, a few dozen punks were arrested, a good time was had by all

Last edited by mr.John; May 2, 2015 at 11:07 PM.

Old Posted May 24, 2015, 9:03 PM
Gatinois et fier

great collection of photos.

GATINEAU-OTTAWA=1 485 000
gatinopolis.miniville.fr
gatinopolis.miniville.fr/ind

Old Posted May 25, 2015, 2:27 AM

Fantastic collection of pics as usual!! You are pretty close to the fire in a few pics, I would be nervous I'd end up in the middle of the mayhem (or in a jail cell). At the G20 in Toronto they were arresting anyone, not just the Protesters. I believe there are still court battles going on about that mess.
That female police officer is hot! I like the look she is giving you in the second picture. Too many great pictures to comment on, always enjoy checking your threads to see what's going on in Montreal.
Love visiting Montreal in the warm weather, in younger years I use to go there for the Jazz festival. Wouldn't mind checking that out again sometime.
The NY poster is right, that is a cold city in the winter.

Old Posted May 26, 2015, 4:17 AM
Erotic Architect

Great pictures (really, you do have an eye), but uninformed, moronic, and reactionary comments (politics and political thought are obviously not your forte).

Stick to what you do best.

- What the hell is this!?
- Looks like a shopping center, one of those big in-door malls...
Dawn of the Dead

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos