HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jan 7, 2014, 4:17 AM

100 Van Ness - I think the remodel will make 100 Van Ness the best looking building in the neighborhood (except of course City Hall). I have spoken to one person on the west side of the Fox Plaza and he has already noted the glare from the glass reflected onto the Hayes Valley neighborhood.

Old Posted Jan 7, 2014, 9:28 PM

1321 Mission Street at Ninth Street - BEFORE & AFTER

jbm - thanks for the tip - I had no realized that the building at 1321 Mission was gone & I live one block away. Amazing as to how fast they are demolished. With the start of this 11 story building there are now 3 buildings within one block going up at the same time. A view at Mission/9th and Mission/Washburn.

Old Posted Jan 8, 2014, 6:32 AM
dazzle me

thx for the photo. i'm still in a state of disbelief that those two lots at 10th and mission are going up. like, i've walked past those every wednesday for years en route to wednesday street hockey in the mish, it's wild to imagine 3 corners built out, like, just makes the heart leap, can't wait for the inevitable traffic calming measures too. feel almost giddy!

Old Posted Jan 8, 2014, 7:38 AM
Build Baby Build

The final crane on NeMa will be coming down on Friday. Opening of the main lobby is supposed to be Feb 1. Over 300 units are already occupied.

Old Posted Jan 8, 2014, 8:18 AM

NEMA - Market & Tenth Sts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fimiak View Post
The final crane on NeMa will be coming down on Friday. Opening of the main lobby is supposed to be Feb 1. Over 300 units are already occupied.
Thanks for the update. I will be glad to see the sidewalk free of the barriers! I did notice today that the scaffolding was being taken down.

I'm not surprised at the number of rentals. I read in the SF Chronicle last week that a large number of apartments are being rented by corporations. Twitter will find it handy for their interns and other visitors.

One block away AVA at 55 Ninth St. now has solar panels on the roof and the mechanical room is now clad. Walked by today - really looks good at street level if I ignore the piano sculptures!

Old Posted Jan 8, 2014, 9:59 AM
She needs her space

I went on a walk tonight.

Transbay Tower - they have some SERIOUS equipment on-site now (for excavation) that I haven't seen before. They are really pulling out all the stops on this one. Anyone interested in machines needs to go check the site out now. Also - new solid barricade wall instead of chain link.

181 Fremont - I actually requested they move to officially under construction. They were putting steel into the ground as I walked by and I managed to snap a picture of it. Pic below:

535 Mission - topped off.

222 Second - They have finished digging there and it looks like they are ready for "next steps".

350 Mission - the below grade work appears to be done and horizontal rebar has reached the street I believe

Old Posted Jan 8, 2014, 6:32 PM

That is a pretty exciting walk!

Old Posted Jan 8, 2014, 7:45 PM
She needs her space

This from BuildGroup's Twitter page (they are building 45 Lansing):

What's going up on Pine Street? Could it be this? Addresses match

http://www.socketsite.com/archives/2...this_afte.html

Old Posted Jan 9, 2014, 1:46 AM

Linea on Market @ Buchannan

Here is the most current example of a highrise built over a smaller building. I assume the air rights were bought for this project.

I walked by Linea today & saw the porta-potties being taken away - a good sign that the construction is coming to an end!

Old Posted Jan 9, 2014, 7:04 PM
dazzle me

walked past last night, and interior demolition of some sort seems to be occurring at 150 van ness, the other aaa building. nothing posted though on site. i noticed similar pre-construction at 100 van ness a good month before demo was announced/permitted.

also, no photo, but the mission theater project on mission st between 22nd and 21st is already 2 floors above ground! yay!

Old Posted Jan 11, 2014, 12:08 AM

Can someone briefly explain why Lumina excavation was so much faster than that of the Transbay Tower? The sites look about equal in size.

Old Posted Jan 11, 2014, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hruski View Post
Can someone briefly explain why Lumina excavation was so much faster than that of the Transbay Tower? The sites look about equal in size.
Well excavation for Lumina did take around half a year. They just started excavating a couple months ago for the Transbay Tower .

Old Posted Jan 11, 2014, 1:26 AM

45 Lansing/Rincon Tower II

A view today from 45 Lansing Street of the construction for the 400' residential, and Rincon Tower II across the street. This view from Lansing Street will soon disappear from this spot! This is an interesting one block street with a few old wood frame residential buildings.

Old Posted Jan 11, 2014, 5:56 AM

Wow ORH looks huge ! imagine if it was closer to downtown!? I think its location is perfect though the neighborhood should be done between 3-5 years.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2014, 5:09 PM

The first page of this thread hasn't been updated in over 5 years! There's way too much activity in SF to leave that page unattended. Where is FourOneFive???

Old Posted Jan 12, 2014, 6:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRinSoCal View Post
The first page of this thread hasn't been updated in over 5 years! There's way too much activity in SF to leave that page unattended. Where is FourOneFive???
Sorry guys. I've lived in New York the past 8 years, so I haven't had the chance to update the first page. Maybe a new thread should be started?

Old Posted Jan 12, 2014, 6:23 PM

From SF Gate this morning:

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/matier...ts-5135721.php

Wow, of course I knew these idiots were gunning for the Warriors arena but this is the first I've heard of them going after the Giants development as well.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2014, 6:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BushMan View Post
From SF Gate this morning:

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/matier...ts-5135721.php

Wow, of course I knew these idiots were gunning for the Warriors arena but this is the first I've heard of them going after the Giants development as well.
Of course it will pass, but the Warriors arena will also pass.

Comeuppance for the Giants? I think they had financed some of the initial lawsuits or initiatives to try to block the Warriors arena, and now it is coming to bite them in the foot, as this proposal would likely kill their plans for development near China Basin.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2014, 7:07 PM
She needs her space

Crazy people.

The 2nd tower crane for Lumina went up, and it is much taller than the first.

Curbed had some great photo updates of 45 Lansing, Lumina, and 100 Van Ness.

http://sf.curbed.com/archives/2014/0...0_van_ness.php

45 Lansing looks like it may have a crane jump coming up soon? Also, 100 Van Ness looks great!

Old Posted Jan 12, 2014, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakamesalad View Post
Of course it will pass, but the Warriors arena will also pass.

Comeuppance for the Giants? I think they had financed some of the initial lawsuits or initiatives to try to block the Warriors arena, and now it is coming to bite them in the foot, as this proposal would likely kill their plans for development near China Basin.
I found it interesting that the Sierra Club was sponsoring the initiative, which I feel is a stretch to call this an environmental issue. I, in fact, sent an email to the director of the local chapter to express my disappointment (civilly of course).

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations