HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Old Posted Jul 24, 2017, 2:59 AM

Point Edward/Sarnia

Point Edward

Sarnia

Old Posted Jul 24, 2017, 6:10 AM

Never knew there was a Point Edward until saw this thread.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2017, 4:16 PM

Point Edward is a village beside/within Sarnia. I didn't have time to photograph the actual village and it was raining (you can see raindrop on the lens on the last picture). So please be understanding. Even the Sarnia photos were done in haste, in the morning, a few hours before I left yesterday.

Note across the water is Port Huron, MI, USA.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2017, 4:33 PM

Nice pictures! I always like the teal color of the Great Lakes. It looks like the river there is similar to the Niagara River in color and choppiness.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2017, 9:24 PM

Thanks for the pics! I love going to the beach in the "blue water Area" if you don't hit any traffic its only about a 45 minute drive for most of the Detroit area, though closer for eastsiders obviously. I've been sticking to Lakeport State Park for day trips on the Port Huron side but I nearly went to the Provincial Park on the Sarnia side for a weekend camping trip, the eastern shores of all the great lakes tend to have better beaches not to mention large dunes because of the prevailing winds. I started planning a trip but my dad went there before and said that it was booze free so in the end i went to Port Austin in the Thumb instead which i was pleasantly surprised by.

Old Posted Jul 26, 2017, 7:45 AM

Nice pictures! I've been to Sarnia and Port Huron many times. The last visit I had to the area the water level under the Bridges was really low, nice to see it up since then. Hope they are not having flooding like in the Toronto area (and all the way to Montreal). There are some nice beaches along Lakeshore Rd and Grand Bend is awesome! My first trip to the area surprised me because previously all I heard about Sarnia was the pollution of "Chemical Valley" (which is down river from the bridge along the St. Claire river). Always enjoyed the "fries under the bridge" and then finished the night with an Ice cream just up the road. Point Edward is actually a sought after place to live in Sarnia from what I heard, and there are some nice homes along Lakeshore Rd. Thanks for posting!

Old Posted Jul 26, 2017, 10:49 PM

There's been a good deal of beach erosion the past few years all across the lakes because of the high water levels. But but it's not been anything like whats been happening on the Toronto Islands at least that i've heard of. Speaking of chemical valley i've wondered if the Harson's Island delta area of the St. Clair River as it enters into Lake St. Clair has helped cleanse any pollutants that might have gotten into the water. The lake or the Upper Detroit River both have never had reputations as dirty bodies of water, fortunately for us here north of the border hah, the prevailing winds blow the smog from chem valley into Ontario not MI.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos