So far we've had ...

Kansas City #1 - Downtown
Kansas City #2 - Quality Hill
Kansas City #3 - Beacon Hill
Kansas City #4 - The Plaza
Kansas City #5 - River Market
Kansas City #6 - Crossroads

Now we do pictures of the stadiums.

Kauffman Stadium and Arrowhead Stadium are right next to each other at the SE corner of I-70 and I-435 in the Truman Sports Complex. They were both built at the same time in 1968-72 and both were renovated at the same time in 2007-10. It's a good way to compare and contrast a baseball stadium with a football stadium because, to put it bluntly, baseball stadiums seem to have more ambiance than your typical football stadium. Due to the irregular dimensions of a baseball diamond, baseball stadiums seem to have more nooks and crannies in which to put interesting public spaces, particularly in and around the outfield. A football stadium is a much more uniform entity on all sides so you get fewer opportunities to do interesting things with the design. At least, this is certainly the case with these two stadiums.

I've got various photos from various Royals games both this year and last. However, I'll start with my one and only set of Arrowhead pics. I'd never been to an NFL game before, but on Oct 23rd I went to their game against the Saints (they won). The thing that struck me most was how much smaller a football field is compared to a baseball field. It was also much louder! And even though some of the Royals games were nearly sold out, it took me MUCH longer to get in and out of the Chiefs game than it did even the busiest of the Royals games.

Anyway, here's Arrowhead ...

More ...

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos