HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Feb 22, 2015, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwards View Post
Yesterday (2/18/2015)

Looking good! As a non-resident what is that asphalt public space(?) next to Lumina? Are there plans to either build something there or make it a real green space?

Old Posted Feb 22, 2015, 12:42 AM
Build Baby Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbrook View Post
Looking good! As a non-resident what is that asphalt public space(?) next to Lumina? Are there plans to either build something there or make it a real green space?
It is the temporary transbay bus terminal and it will become a park in 2017/18.

Old Posted Feb 22, 2015, 3:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fimiak View Post
I thought the plan was for the middle portion to become a park, with a midrise on the southern end of the block (the side across from Lumina), and a highrise on the northern end (which is zoned for 450').

Old Posted Feb 22, 2015, 6:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwards View Post
Yesterday (2/18/2015)

Are you sure this isn't Chongqing?

Old Posted Feb 27, 2015, 5:38 PM

From today's Journal... the top floor penthouse is going for $49 million.

Quote:
A roughly 15,000-square-foot penthouse apartment in an under-construction tower in San Francisco is listing for $49 million, a price that may set a residential real-estate record for the city.

Located on the 41st and 42nd floors of one of two new towers collectively called the Lumina, the unit will have 20-foot-tall ceilings in parts of the apartment along a curvilinear wall of glass overlooking the Bay Bridge. The unit, shown in renderings here, will also include two kitchens, eight terraces that cover 1,200 square feet and private access to a rooftop deck. There will be five bedrooms, five full bathrooms and two half-baths.

The buildings, with a total of 656 units, are in the city’s South of Market district and are expected to be completed in summer 2016. Prices start in the $2 million range for two-bedroom units. The developer is Tishman Speyer.

The listing agent, Gregg Lynn of Sotheby’s International Realty, said the price sets a record for San Francisco. Sales began in the last quarter of 2014 and roughly 200 of the 656 units are under contract. About 80% of buyers so far have been local to the area, Mr. Lynn said, noting that the booming tech industry is fueling the sales. “We see a technology guru” buying the unit, he said.

Residents will also have access to building amenities like a fitness center and a mobile-app service that delivers organic groceries, Mr. Lynn said
http://www.wsj.com/articles/san-fran...ion-1424977872

Old Posted Feb 28, 2015, 7:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fimiak View Post
Great.

Old Posted Mar 22, 2015, 7:32 PM
She needs her space

The glass on these looks great, and they are installing glass panels on both crowns at this point. Photos taken 3/15/15

$29M and $49M penthouses remain.

IMG_7834 by simms3sf, on Flickr

IMG_7841 by simms3sf, on Flickr

IMG_7842 by simms3sf, on Flickr

IMG_7843 by simms3sf, on Flickr

IMG_7844 by simms3sf, on Flickr

IMG_7854 by simms3sf, on Flickr

Old Posted Apr 7, 2015, 8:53 AM

Love this building. But Hate these windows:

http://luminasfpenthouses.com/

They are so busy. These panes every few feet and vertically interfere with a spectacular view. If I had the money to move in, I'd ask for an exception and to install windows that are as big and panless as possible. Removing at least the first horizontal pane and every other vertical. The one's depicted below the double height penthouse are better. But I'd still want to remove every other vertical pane for less obstructed views. Comcast's CEO was allowed to replace the windows at 10 Rittenhouse penthouse here in Philly

Old Posted Apr 15, 2015, 6:52 PM
Only Mostly Dead

I LOVE these. From every angle, from close, from far. Just love them.

Tiburon Miami 1 Miami 2 Ye Olde San Francisco SF: Canyons, waterfront... SF: South FiDi SF: South Park

Old Posted Apr 15, 2015, 7:39 PM
Triptastic Gen X Snoozer

Yeah, Lumina is sweet. They didn't cheap out on the design or materials.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2015, 8:19 PM
Only Mostly Dead

^Think back to the original designs we saw for Lumina and Infinity (way before they were named) and compare those to what we actually got. They were basically placeholder designs at the time, but what a massive improvement. Can't complain about bait and switch on these two.

Tiburon Miami 1 Miami 2 Ye Olde San Francisco SF: Canyons, waterfront... SF: South FiDi SF: South Park

Old Posted Apr 15, 2015, 8:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut gallery View Post
^Think back to the original designs we saw for Lumina and Infinity (way before they were named) and compare those to what we actually got. They were basically placeholder designs at the time, but what a massive improvement. Can't complain about bait and switch on these two.
The originals were Heller Manus designs that thankfully Tishman was smart enough to bring in Arquetechtonica (sp) to redesign.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2015, 8:54 PM
DENNAB

Sick buildings, San Fran is going insane!

Old Posted Apr 15, 2015, 9:29 PM

Original design:

Old Posted Apr 15, 2015, 10:12 PM
Only Mostly Dead

^Yes. I was also thinking of these:

And I remember actually being excited about seeing those (not so much the design, but the idea of that many units going into 4 towers on those parking lots). And here we are with way better-looking buildings. Thank you, Arquitectonica.

Old Posted May 21, 2015, 9:48 PM

Old Posted Jun 9, 2015, 7:15 PM
Only Mostly Dead

They will start selling units in the taller tower next week:

Quote:
The 42-story tower, which will include a giant $49 million penthouse that could be the most expensive in the city’s history, is part of the four-building, 656-unit Rincon Hill complex. The city is starved for condos and Rincon Hill has sold more than 80 percent of the units it's already released.

The tower is the last of the four buildings to go up for sale and should be ready for occupancy by next summer, Tishman Speyer senior managing director Carl Shannon said. Residents will start moving into one of the two shorter buildings – Plaza A – by this August.

“We are seeing great strength across the building from the cheapest studio with no view to very expensive three-plus bedrooms at the top. There is great strength between $1 million and $2.5 million,” Shannon said. “We have a flow of people looking for high-quality, transit-friendly housing with great amenities, and for a variety of reasons there’s very little for-sale product in the market right now.”
-----------
Shannon said about 80 percent of buyers have been Bay Area locals, with the rest split between people buying from across the country and internationally. China Vanke, one of the most prominent real estate developers in China, poured money into Lumina a couple years ago.

What can those future residents expect? A 9,500-square-foot gourmet market on the ground floor, a 10,500-square-foot rooftop terrace above and a 7,000-square-foot fitness center with a rock climbing wall somewhere in between.
"Rincon Hill has sold more than 80 percent of the units it's already released." - this must be mis-typed. I think he meant to say Lumina, and is thus referring to the other 3 buildings in the development.

Old Posted Jun 9, 2015, 11:05 PM
Sonoma Strong

I remember the Hellar Manus designs Are they even still in business?

Pictures of Santa Rosa, So. Co.

Old Posted Jun 10, 2015, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northbay View Post
I remember the Hellar Manus designs Are they even still in business?
Yes they are, and believe it or not 181 Fremont is their design!

I guess everyone gets to hit gold at least once!

Old Posted Jun 30, 2015, 8:02 AM
Surrounded by Nature

Hot!

[IMG]Lumina looking good by Jim Bolinger, on Flickr[/IMG]

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive