HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

350 Mission Street in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • San Francisco Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
San Francisco Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Oct 24, 2014, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hruski View Post
An extra 3 floors would take like a two months to build. Unless I'm misunderstanding you, I don't see how this is the reason why they're topping off prematurely.
Plus, if office space does slam up against Prop M in a year or so, NOT building as much office space as you have been allowed to seems like the dumbest financial mistake you could ever make in SF. Those extra three floors would be a goldmine with the surge in rents from constrained supply. Just my two cents.

Old Posted Oct 24, 2014, 11:45 PM
Only Mostly Dead

^That's a good point. I don't believe there is currently a means under Prop M to recoup square footage that was approved but never built out to their full entitlement. Maybe that's part of the mayor's plan to address the shortage of office space along with buildings that were converted to residential.

Tiburon Miami 1 Miami 2 Ye Olde San Francisco SF: Canyons, waterfront... SF: South FiDi SF: South Park

Old Posted Oct 24, 2014, 11:54 PM
Build Baby Build

I was actually referring to the 350' height instead of the 750'. I have no idea why they topped out a few floors early. I think an answer will have to come from a suit in a formal interview.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2014, 4:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fimiak View Post
The real reason this is only as tall as it is is because Salesforce wants to occupy it as as soon as money can buy.

They simply do not care about 350 Mission being short, they just want to be able to watch Salesforce Tower climb over the next three years, which is the real jewel in their belt.
One last time ..... The real reason is elevator capacity. It doesn't work any higher than it is at the densities salesforce is planning. the extra three floors in the submittal were to maximize flexibility.

Old Posted Dec 16, 2014, 2:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quashlo View Post
The exterior on 350 Mission looks exceptional… Interesting to contrast the glass here with 222 Second. Just wishing they had built closer to the height limit they were given under the Transit Center District Plan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by quashlo View Post

The high atrium / lobby should be a really nice addition to street level.

I like how the angled panels reach up towards the sky and draw light downwards - a nice touch for this dense, rather dark block.

Old Posted Jan 26, 2015, 5:20 PM
She needs her space

There has been literally 0 visible progress for a good month, month and a half. No new glass panels, no significant progress on the lobby, etc. Wonder what they've been doing during this time? 222 Second glass is now showing more progress and that building will appear done before this one. What a long construction process this particular building has been...

Old Posted Jan 27, 2015, 7:18 PM
Surrounded by Nature

Did we ever discover why the building wasn't built to its full authorized height with the three additional floors?

Old Posted Jan 27, 2015, 8:10 PM
Build Baby Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by simms3_redux View Post
There has been literally 0 visible progress for a good month, month and a half. No new glass panels, no significant progress on the lobby, etc. Wonder what they've been doing during this time? 222 Second glass is now showing more progress and that building will appear done before this one. What a long construction process this particular building has been...
I have no idea why the project is seemingly so slow when it was supposed to be put on the fast burner, but when I took a picture yesterday (in projects thread) they were definitely installing new curtain wall, and also prepping the ceiling of the lobby. It is possible that this glass is difficult to install.

Old Posted Jan 28, 2015, 3:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by viewguysf View Post
Did we ever discover why the building wasn't built to its full authorized height with the three additional floors?
Elevators. It was discussed above.

Old Posted Feb 4, 2015, 5:41 PM
Build Baby Build

Old Posted Mar 11, 2015, 5:35 AM
Surrounded by Nature

[IMG]IMG_4741 by viewguysf, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]IMG_4745 by viewguysf, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]IMG_4748 by viewguysf, on Flickr[/IMG]

Old Posted Mar 12, 2015, 4:19 AM
heavy user of walkability

Quote:
Originally Posted by viewguysf View Post

[IMG]IMG_4745 by viewguysf, on Flickr[/IMG]...
it's nice to note visible progress since Feb 4

Old Posted Mar 13, 2015, 3:49 PM
Chairman

Looks even better than the renderings.

-sb

Old Posted Mar 22, 2015, 8:16 PM
She needs her space

3/15/15

Looking really good. As of yesterday, they've extended the glass curtain to through the top floor. Also, they've extended the glass curtain down to the lobby on the back side (the side next to the BCBS building not facing any streets).

I predict this crane comes down, too.

IMG_7847 by simms3sf, on Flickr

IMG_7849 by simms3sf, on Flickr

Old Posted Mar 26, 2015, 3:23 AM

Quote:
Like the towers on Rincon Hill, the glass was delayed by the West Coast port slowdown:

Quote:
On one project, a tower Kilroy Realty Corp. is building for Salesforce at 350 Mission St., the contractor had to wait a month for a final shipment of glass.

Major S.F. construction projects stalled by late glass deliveries

Old Posted Apr 9, 2015, 8:26 PM
She needs her space

Glass going up the lobby now. Crown also getting glass, and interior of lobby looking more complete. I CANNOT WAIT FOR THE CRANE TO COME DOWN AND THAT SIDEWALK TO OPEN!!! This building is also going to be AWESOME for street presence.

Old Posted Apr 10, 2015, 7:02 AM
heavy user of walkability

Quote:
Glass going up the lobby now. ... This building is also going to be AWESOME for street presence.
accompanying photo:

Old Posted Apr 15, 2015, 7:09 PM
Only Mostly Dead

Here a couple more of the lobby work. You can see the steel supports for the grand staircase just to the left of center:

Not sure I captured it, but you can also see some of the rails for the large glass panels that will open the lobby to the street.

Glass goes all the way to the top now:

Tiburon Miami 1 Miami 2 Ye Olde San Francisco SF: Canyons, waterfront... SF: South FiDi SF: South Park

Old Posted Apr 15, 2015, 7:42 PM
Triptastic Gen X Snoozer

This tower has the best skin of the new crop of SF skyscrapers.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2015, 6:09 AM
Surrounded by Nature

Quote:
Originally Posted by fflint View Post
This tower has the best skin of the new crop of SF skyscrapers.
The glass is just spectacular!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive